Thursday, August 29, 2013

Her price is far above rubies

My baby sister is 17!!! I remember turning 17. I left home just a few weeks later to start college at BYU. That seems like a lifetime ago. So much has happened since then.

So, this post is for my sister... sorry, Christine, if it embarrasses you. I just want you to know that I'm proud of you! You're doing a lot of good. You just finished high school as a valedictorian. You've spent a lot of time volunteering in the library. And you've grown into a beautiful young woman. You're no longer the little four-year-old I had to say goodbye to when I started college, but I'm glad that you're now my friend as well as being my baby sister.

I also thought of the scripture in Proverbs, "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies" (Proverbs 31:10). You're a great example of studying and striving to live the gospel. I'm proud of you for that, too. I'm excited for you as you take a few classes and prepare for a mission over the next couple of years. I'm excited to see you continue to learn and progress in life. :)

I've also loved being able to trade book recommendations with you over the last few years. I've read some good stuff because of you. :) It's almost as good as reading it with you. I'm still glad I got to read The World of Winnie-the-Pooh and The World of Christopher Robin with you the summer you started Kindergarten. I'm glad for the little times like that, since I know I haven't been around for most of your growing-up years.

Anyway, I just want you to know that I love you, and I hope it's been a wonderful birthday! You're the best baby sister! I love you lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment