Thursday, July 29, 2010

Visiting Teaching--the right way!

Our visiting teaching assignments stayed the same this month, even though we just went from two to three relief societies in our ward. However, the change in relief societies seemed like a guarantee that visiting teaching would also be changing for August. So, I asked my companion--Ashley--her opinion, and we decided to try to meet with both our girls together and go out for ice cream.

As it turns out, Karly, one of the girls Ashley and I were assigned to visit, decided to transfer back to the university ward. She still would have been welcome to join us for ice cream... Oh, well. We set a time to take just Shelby for ice cream instead. And Shelby suggested the corner store, since it's easy walking distance, and they sell ice cream cones. Unfortunately, Ashley wrote down the wrong time. :( But Shelby and I had a nice visit as we walked down, got our ice cream, and walked back home. I think she and I are both of the opinion that that is the way visiting teaching should be done! :) Good company and strawberry cheesecake ice cream on a hot summer afternoon... What could be better?! I think we should do it again sometime. After all, who needs visiting teaching as an excuse for ice cream?

No comments:

Post a Comment