Saturday, November 6, 2010

My Testimony : Happy Birthday, President Uchtdorf!

I responded several weeks ago on Facebook that I would do this, and I really have wanted to do it! I'm not sure who first suggested it, but many people were going to take the opportunity to share their testimonies in some form today, in honor of President Uchtdorf's birthday. So here are a few of my thoughts.

Most importantly, I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live and that They love each of us. I know that Jesus Christ atoned for my sins so that I can return to Him and become like Him someday.

I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I know that we have a living prophet today, President Monson, and also living apostles. I know that the prophet speaks for Christ, that the words he speaks are true, and that as we obey, we will be blessed both physically and spiritually, especially in that we will invite the presence of the Holy Ghost into our daily lives.

I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet--that he is the prophet of the restoration. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Him. I know that he translated the Book of Mormon, through the gift and power of God. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, that it is the word of God.

I am so grateful for temples. I know that because of the restored gospel and the priesthood power on earth, that we can be sealed as families, for time and for all eternity. I know that God's plan is truly a plan of happiness.

I know, also, that every person can know these things for himself (or herself) through the power of the Holy Ghost. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

1 comment: